Pan Seared Blue Marlin and Littleneck Clams in
Carrot Fennel Broth with Chickpeas, Chorizo
and Garlic Wilted Kale
- Sprinkle Kosher salt on both sides of fish.
- Add extra virgin olive oil to a hot sauté pan.
- Cook fish for 1 ½ minutes on the first side on high heat.
- Remove fish from pan and add sausage cut at ½ inch. Brown on both sides.
- Add fish, chickpeas, clams, and carrot/fennel broth to deglaze and simmer until clams open.
- In a separate hot pan, add extra virgin olive oil and sliced garlic, cook garlic until golden brown and add chopped kale and lightly wilt. Add a pinch of kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Plate fish first, add sausage and clams around fish and pour chickpeas and carrot/fennel broth over the top. Add Wilted Kale on top.