Recipe compliments of Chef Kenneth Hardiman
6 oz. Fillet of Redfish (bones, scales, and skin removed)
As Needed – Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
1 cup Orzo Pasta, cooked (follow directions on box)
¼ cup Chicken Stock (any brand will do)
2 TBSP Unsalted Butter
10 each Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
15 each Baby Spinach Leaves
2 TBSP Freshly Ground Parmesan Cheese
As Needed Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
1 TBSP Citrus Vinaigrette (see recipebelow)
1 TBSP Butter, unsalted
½ cup Microgreen and Shoestring Potato Salad
2 tsp. Tarragon Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
1) Fish: Season both sides with salt and pepper.
2) Grill on both sides for approx. 2-3 minutes until fully cooked. Remove from the grill.
3) In a hot sauté pan, place the orzo, chicken stock, and butter and heat for 2 minutes.
4) Add the tomatoes, spinach, cheese, salt and pepper and heat until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted. Season to taste.
5) In a separate sauté pan, heat the citrus vinaigrette and butter until butter is melted.
6) Mix the fried potatoes, micro greens, and tarragon vinaigrette in a small bowl and set aside.
7) Place the pasta in a pile in the center of a plate.
8) Top with cooked fish. Top fish with citrus butter vinaigrette.
9) Top the fish with the microgreen/potato salad.
1 TBSP Lemon Juice
1 TBSP Lime Juice
2 TBSP Orange Juice
2 TBSP Rice Wine Vinegar
¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
1/8 tsp. Black Pepper
¼ each Shallots, small chopped
6 TBSP Cottonseed Oil
1) Mix all ingredients EXCEPT the oil in a blender.
2) Once incorporated, transfer to a bowl and add the oil and mix using a whisk.
3) Use immediately or place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Micro Green Sweet Potato/Potato Salad
1 cup Micro Greens (can find in Central Market)
½ cup Sweet Potato and Russet Potato Shoestrings (see below)
1) For the potatoes: Cut 1 sweet potato and 1 russet potato in thin 1/8th inch thin strips using a mandoline. Fry for 30 seconds in hot cottonseed oil (350 degrees). Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with iodized salt.
2) Mix the micro greens, potatoes and vinaigrette together and place on top of fish.
Yield: 4 cups
2 ea Shallots, peeled, large chop
2 tsp. Garlic, roasted
1 cup Texas Tarragon, fresh, chopped (regular tarragon is fine)
1 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper, coarse ground
1 cup Cottonseed oil
1) Mix all ingredients blender except the oil and blend until smooth for approx. 1 minute.
2) Transfer to a mixing bowl and whisk in the oil. Do not emulsify.
3) Store in refrigerator until needed.