Qty 4 Servings
4 Redfish Fillets 6 oz.
1 ½ cup All Purpose flour
½ cup Corn Meal
2 each Eggs
1 cup Buttermilk
4 dash Tabasco Sauce
1 tsp Sage- dried
1 tsp mild chili powder
1 tsp Granulated Garlic
To taste Salt and Pepper
As Needed Clarified Bacon Fat
- In one container season 1 cup of flour with half of garlic, salt and pepper.
- In another container combine eggs, buttermilk and tobacco and blend.
- In a third combine remaining flour, corn meal and remaining spices and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge Fillets in flour then Egg Wash then cornmeal flour being sure the coat evenly.
- In Sauté pan or cast iron skillet heat bacon fat over medium heat with enough fat to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Carefully place the breaded fillets in the pan and cook until golden then flip and cook until cooked through.
12 oz Shoestring French Fries
1 Clove Chopped Garlic
2 oz. Bacon Fat
1 tbsp Chopped Chives
2 tbsp Bacon bits
3 oz Shredded Aged Sharp Cheddar
- Fry fries as you would regularly
- In a large sauté pan (large enough to hold fries) heat bacon fat and sauté garlic.
- When garlic is slightly browned add bacon bits and chive and remove from heat
- When fries are fresh from the fryer add to sauté pan and toss.
- Top with aged cheddar when plating
¾ cup Mayonnaise
¼ cup Seeded Mustard
¼ cup Ketchup
¼ cup Ripe Olive
1 oz TX Whiskey
1 Tbsp Horseradish (prepared)
1 tsp Parsley Chopped
2 Dashes Tabasco sauce
- Combine all together then divide among 4 ramekins.